· Electrical commissioning activity on our client’s site.
· Commission electrical equipment in a semi-conductor start up
· Professional customer engagement.
· Interact and respond to project leads directions.
· Prepare Electrical Operational test documents for start process.
· Carry out site walks and create snag lists as the project.
· Ability to work to tight timelines and schedules.
· Pro-active attitude generates ideas and inputs to deliverables to support the effectiveness and efficiency of the project.
· Delivers on time.
Duties and responsibilities
Delivering quality projects that are on time and budget are critical to Secto’s performance. The purpose of this role is to support the commissioning of our client’s project and bring into sustaining mode. Projects must be delivered to specification in accordance with agreed company and client’s standards.
The role will be office based in Leixlip (Secto head office is currently in Maynooth Business Campus)The successful candidate will have previous experience in the following:
· Monitoring of contractor workmanship.
· Tracking of the electrical start up activities projects
· Experience in power up and pre-testing of electrical switchgear and distribution centres.
· Start up of systems such as HVAC , Pumping systems, process delivery systems, Pumps, motors etc.
· Experience in maintenance and or start-up of VSD’S and soft starts for three phase motors.
· Management and documentation of project.
· Accept equipment on behalf of the client from the main contractor.
· Be part of a team where you are the electrical lead for the systems’, acceptance, operational and functional testing / qualification in order to make systems ready and qualified for handover to sustaining.
· Executes the specific inspections on materials, equipment and construction / installation activities on site.
· Issues the relevant Quality Records and, when necessary, writes and sends to QC Supervisor non-conformances reports.
· Checks cable laying and cable identification.
· Performs all relevant loop checks.
· Updates as built drawings through documentation process.
· Performs punch-listing operations.
· Oversees power transformers, switchboard, accumulator battery, sockets outlet, lighting system.
· Oversees visual inspections, checks rating and material for connection.
· Oversees tests of continuity, insulation resistance.
· Witness the tests, controls and inspections carried out.
· Check conformity with the Quality Control Plan, obtain the relevant documentation, check procedures and equipment to be used in tests, controls and inspections, manage documents certifying tests, controls and inspections.
· Ensure the correct implementation of the approved Inspection Test Plan.
Apprenticeship Qualified Electrician or an electrical engineering degree.
· Strong PC skills, particularly MS office suite. (Specifically excel and word)
· Strong communication skills, both written & verbal.
· Strong team working ethos.
· Very good English language skills
· Strong team participant.
· Problem Solver in a controlled manner.
· Presentable appearance.