Abrivia are currently looking to recruit an Insurance Analyst for our client who are a niche Insurance Company based in Dublin City. This role will give the successful applicant the opportunity to work on a book of business for a portfolio of countries and manage the reconciliations and reporting process.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background within Insurance and will have a keen interest across all areas including Underwriting, Claims, Finance and Compliance. The role will report directly into the Finance Director but will actively work with other teams both locally and within Europe
- Managing the underwriting data by liaising with Underwriters and external service providers to ensure timely and accurate data.
- Production of Premium, Claims and Settlement reports for other departments within the Company.
- Monitoring of premiums received and claims paid to ensure timely receipt/settlement of data and payments.
- Providing credit control analysis for reporting to the Finance & Investment Committee and Operations Committee.
- Assist with the design, implementation and documentation of processes and controls on all areas of the Company.
- Working closely with Controls and Data Assurance team on oversight of key processes and monitoring performance of controls on a timely basis.
- Identify, track and resolve key process issues raised as part of the key process monitoring.
- Assist with the quarterly and annual Financial and Regulatory reporting requirements.
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects when necessary
- Strong Excel skills and strong data management capabilities.
- A self-starter with strong communication skills
- Preferably with insurance / reinsurance experience and with a good understanding of claims and premium bordereaux.