National Broadband Ireland (NBI) will be the designer, builder and operator of the ultrafast broadband network for rural Ireland. It was established by Granahan McCourt (GMC), an international investor in technology, media and telecommunications with 30 years of experience partnering with governments, corporations and people to drive development of communications infrastructure.
NBI has presented its vision for world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country which are not fully served by commercial operators (the "Intervention Area"). National Broadband Ireland will supply broadband to the one quarter of Irish people and premises which currently cannot access high-speed broadband through commercial services. It guarantees a level playing field for 1.1 million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms, and over 600 schools.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
NBI is looking for an experienced Project Manager who wants to jump in head-first and help scale a mission-driven company experiencing rapid growth. Reporting to the NBI Senior IT Project Manager, the key objectives of this role are twofold; 1) Develop PMO Processes, Functional Interfaces and Milestone Reporting routines 2) Support the Delivery of the National Broadband Plan (NBP) Implementation Programme. This role requires a hands-on approach, the ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment. In return you become part of the team, building and delivering a high-speed broadband network to communities across Ireland.
- Develop, Document and Implement.
- PMO Processes and Templates
- Functional Interfaces within NBI
- Programme Milestone Reports
- Reporting Routines
- Project Manage the Delivery of the NBP Programme Implementation Plan
- Actively manage Risks, Dependencies and Issues that will have an impact on Programme Milestones.
- Deliver Accurate and Timely Project updates to the Senior IT PM
- Support the Senior Project Manager in Maintaining and Updating Project Plans and related Documents
- Business Excellence Champion for the PMO
- Proactive Stakeholder Management
- PM Support for individual Department or Functional Projects
- Continually seek new Initiatives and Process changes to improve the Delivery of the NBP
- Educated to Degree Level in a relevant Engineering discipline or equivalent Level 8 Qualification
- Excellent working knowledge of Project Management methodology and best practice e.g. PMBOK, Prince
- 5 years' experience Defining, Documenting and Implementing Business Processes, Project Reporting and Functional Interfaces
- Direct experience managing Complex and Integrated IT solutions in a Telecommunications or Utilities environment
- Strong Communicator with proven ability to create and foster strong team and build Cross Functional Relationships
- Excellent Leadership, Motivational and Negotiation skills
- Excellent Ambassador for NBI, Promoting the Organisation; a Role Model for NBI's values.