Salary €100,000 - €130,000
+ Share options
+ Pension Scheme
+ Family health insurance
+ Excellent additional benefits and perks
Want to work for Dublin’s hottest high tech business, well backed and scaling now with a very innovative product for global markets. In this Senior Hardware Engineering Leadership role, you will be the decision maker when it comes to the future and further design of a complex hardware device made up of Networking & Connectivity, Computing, Power, Heat etc (like a mini datacentre) where you will work cross functionally with Product Management and Software Development Teams in the design, configuration, integration and deployments of new versions. You will have to build a team of different kinds of engineers (Mechanical, Electrical) and work with Vendors to design, validate, and roll-out new versions of the hardware, related to different product strategies, while driving standardization across all lines and processes. Ever heard of Mechatronics? Well this is it. This role is more device assembly as opposed to PCB / FPGA.
What you’ll do
- Build out and lead a small engineering team working on Hardware and be chief decision-maker on high-level and complex decisions for the future of the devices being assembled.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally, building relationships to deliver on company goals
- Provide strategic leadership around hardware choices as part of the Product Leadership Team
- Lead the strategy and execution of hardware product development programs from theory to production
- Design hardware, select materials and write hardware requirements and procedure documentation
- Develop and implement hardware design strategies to improve products for better yield
- Own hardware product roadmap with input from other teams in the organisation
- Deliver products that satisfy the committed quality, performance, cost and schedule targets
- Define project schedules, milestone goals, criteria, and deadlines which your development team will be required to meet
- Coordinate with exterior contractors, suppliers, and manufacturers as well as in-house staff to maintain incoming hardware product supplies related to projects
- Challenge the status quo to encourage innovation
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical, robotics, mechatronics engineering or related engineering field
- 7+ years experience full life cycle design process with Hardware design and Assembly (concept to production) working with and to further improve the technology stack in existence
- Ability to work in a rapidly scaling environment, as part of a small team but be able to think big.
- Looking at existing hardware product to assemble variations of it for different applications. So a successful track record of managing product development
- Proven track record in design, development and shipping complex hardware products (ideally with some element of IoT, Computer Vision, Machine learning, Connectivity, Computing)
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to recruit top engineering talent and build a strong team.