Do you want to impact decisions to help people live healthier lives? Are you an innovative Business Intelligence developer who thrives on developing new solutions to solve tough challenges?
We want to achieve more in our mission of health care, and so we have to be really smart about the business of health care. At Optum, we're changing the landscape of our industry. You will put your Business Intelligence skills to work as you empower business partners and team members improve healthcare delivery.
You will be part of newly formed team in our Dublin office and will be responsible for developing cutting-edge Business Intelligence solutions. You will also work closely with our Data Science and Data Engineering teams to develop a new, big-data analytic platform and that will support advanced machine learning models to improve health outcomes for our members.
With this role you must make solid recommendations based on analysis and provide explanations to our internal customers. You must be self-directed and creative as you will deal with some very interesting and complex issues. As a key resource to others you must maintain a high degree of accuracy along with attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to always meet deadlines.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to build dashboards to improve business performance
- Interact with internal customers to effectively design, implement, operationalize and document reporting that accurately captures business requirements
- Work collaboratively with business partners, SMEs, BAs and Testers to ensure a shared understanding of business requirements
- Manage implementation of reporting enhancements and changes
- Develop and maintain documentation that chronicles processes related to previous analytic activities and associated results
- Communicate with various functional areas and translate technical concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences, both verbally and in writing
- Strong experience with Data Visualization / Dashboard tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Strong SQL experience, including experience with various database technologies (e.g. Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2)
- Strong knowledge of relational databases, database structures and design, systems design, and data management
- Experience with data blending tools (e.g. Alteryx)
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, influence, collaboration and listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely in writing and orally to individuals and groups
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of DevOps tools, including JIRA & Git
- Agile development methodology
- Understanding of HIVE, SPARK, and components within Big data architecture
- Exposure to Machine Learning models / projects
- Healthcare / Pharmacy experience
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy,
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.