Oradeo Recruitment is currently seeking applications for a HVDC Service Engineer.
You will be reporting to the Service Manager and you will be based between Dublin and various sites, including customer sites throughout Ireland and the EWIC converter stations in Co. Meath, Ireland and Deeside, North Wales.
Duties will include commissioning/support new and existing projects and 1st & 2nd line support for the EWIC. You will work closely with the existing Service Team to gain the competencies to provide 1st & 2nd line support for the EWIC. This 1st & 2nd line support will require 24/7 on-call with fast response time to site. Flexible working hours will also be required for significant maintenance tasks and on an impromptu basis as required.
To deliver maintenance & repair services to the EWIC. The principal objectives of this are as follows;
· Deliver exceptionally high availability to the entire EWIC system.
· Maintain the value and maximise the design life of the system.
· Maintain the strong relationship with this valued customer.
· To provide a safe working environment for all site employees, mitigate the risks
· Ensure ethical behaviour in line with code of conduct
· Manage the environmental risks associated with the business unit
· Create the environment that allows all employees to develop and succeed
Essential Qualifications/Experience required:
· Electrician with 10+ experience in HV power systems
· EHV (
200kV) Substation experience
· A base location within 60 minute drive of the Irish converter station is a requirement.
· Required technical skills and commercial acumen.
· Experience in delivering technical reports and fault analysis. Maintain Maintenance Management System, complete all customer fault reports & commissioning documentation where required in a timely manner.
· An ability to work under pressure and on your own initiative
· Promote good relations and synergy both internally and externally.
Sound communication, presentation and negotiation skills
· Team Building Skills
· MS Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc
· Fluent written & spoken English
· Undergraduate Engineering degree with 5+ experience in HV power systems
· HVDC experience
· Safety Switching experience
· Power plant Operational experience
For more information on this role or other similar roles contact Sean Barrett in Oradeo Recruitment on +353 16877188.
About Oradeo- Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Data centres, Mechanical & Electrical, Life Sciences and Renewable Energies sectors