Ref. No. bk.5601.struct.w25.20
Division Architectural, CAD & Design
Design Manager (Structural) | Galway| €Neg + Package (remote office options)
Our client, a Tier 1 construction group, with interests in Ireland, UK, and Europe, require an experienced Structural Engineer a new Design & Technical Manager role within the modular and offsite construction division based in Galway.
They design, manufacture, supply and fit ‘innovative’ building solutions, utilising pre-galvanised, hot rolled, light-gauge steel, for clients and projects across Ireland and the UK, with offices also in Dublin and London.
You will be an integral member of the ‘senior management team’, reporting to the MD, with full responsibility for the Design Office (Structural Engineers and Technicians). Expert knowledge of BIM, Revit and other packages including Vertex and Idea Statica would be an advantage.
- Review and monitor the Clients design proposals and lead the design process from conceptual and final design to approval stage.
- Monitor, manage and approve design changes in conjunction with production, installation, and commercial teams, ensuring programme and cost effects are agreed.
- Liaise with procurement department / manufacturing functions to ensure that necessary materials are procured on time and within budgets.
- Responsible for leading and developing technical and engineering support in relation to current and new products/systems development.
- Lead the BIM stratey & manage compliance in relation to façade design, fire details, thermal, airtightness and acoustics.
- Degree qualified in Structural Engineering or Architecture, with a minimum of 7 years post graduate and proven design experience is essential.
- Structural engineering design of modular or offsite construction would be an advantage.
- Commercial awareness and client interfacing experience is essential.
- Travel within Ireland and ‘occasionally’ the UK.
Contact Interested candidates should forward their CV to immediately or call Barry Kelly on 01 632 1200 for further information.