The job requirements are detailed below. Where applicable the skills, qualifications and memberships required for this job have also been included.
Job details Job reference ROI000987 Date posted 03/06/2020 Application closing date Location Galway Salary Package Job category/type General Manager General Manager Attachments
General Manager UHG
At Aramark, our mission is to enrich and nourish lives. Every day, we deliver an impact wherever people work, learn, recover and play. And we need talented, energetic, passionate people to help us do it.
Aramark Northern Europe is looking to recruit a General Manager to join our healthcare team in Galway. This position will be based on our client site in which is a healthcare facility and is based in Newcastle Road, Galway. The General Manager will manage a team of approximately 220 reports.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for delivery of a safe quality service, with meaningful staff and key stakeholder engagement, with a strong focus in supporting the operations team to achieve effective and efficient results. This position requires a strategic approach to the development of services and structures, embracing quality improvement and the management of change to comply with national standards. The ideal candidate must place a strong emphasis on achieving the highest standards of food excellence across all areas as required under the scope of the role.
The ideal candidate acts as an ambassador for and assists with the organisation in leading staff in achieving the company’s mission, vision and values and service plans.
The role holder will have full remit for Food, Retail and Cleaning Services at our client site to include the following elements of Aramark’s business on site:
- Patient food service
- Restaurant service
- Retail café/shops
- Concourse cleaning
- To assume full commercial responsibility, to ensure that expenditure is controlled within budget, and cost savings are identified through improved practice and innovation.
- Building and maintaining excellent client relationships by understanding changing requirements over time and responding proactively with solutions that meet the client’s needs.
- To participate as a core member of the hospital multidisciplinary team and represent Aramark at such meetings
- To participate as required in the recruitment, selection and appointment of key staff members.
- To ensure that staff needs within the team are met with a strong focus on engagement
- Initiate the implementation of an on-going individual performance management process and foster a high level of morale among staff by effective motivation and consultation
- Ensuring that Aramark integrate all HIQA standards as set out, in the national guidelines.
- Primary responsibility for retention of client’s business and development of new business opportunities.
- Ensuring the highest standards in health and safety, food safety and hygiene are adhered to at all times.
- Have a working knowledge of HIQA legislation as it applies though the Nutrition and Hydration policy and comply with associated HSE protocols.
- To demonstrate pro-active commitment to all communications with internal and external stakeholders
- To identify and develop KPI’s which are congruent with the Service Level Agreement
- To comply with Hygiene Service requirements as it applies within the scope of the role.
- An approved qualification level 8 Degree and/ or 5 years demonstrated success in a senior operations management role, with experience of a large site or multi-site environment.
- People management skills with experience of managing large teams of employees at all levels.
- Significant operational experience in managing and /or delivering a complex service
- Experience in delivering change in a complex environment
- Experience if managing and working collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders, as relevant to the role.
- Experience in team management and development.
- Detailed experience in Service Planning and Review.
- Strong knowledge of employment law and employment legislation and must be able to demonstrate.
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills.
- Strong commercial awareness and a proven track record in managing commercial business.
- Results orientated approach with proven ability to drive business.
- Strong financial acumen and ability to manage successfully in P&L environments.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and work well using your own initiative.
- An exemplary track record in the catering, retail or hospitality industries.
- Experience of planning and implementing sales activities to achieve continuous growth.
- Proven track record in operations, human resources and health and safety management.
- A high degree of Knowledge of Food Hygiene including HACCP and ISO 22000.
- Excellent IT skills (MS office).
- Previous experience in a Healthcare environment is desirable.
**Please note that this job will be subject to Garda clearance**
WHO WE ARE
Aramark operates services on behalf of clients across the EMEA region and works in partnership with some of the world’s best-known brands. Our services include food services, property and facility management, and retail. We are part of a global organisation with more than 270,000 employees and an annual turnover in excess of $14bn.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence
Aramark Northern Europe is an equal opportunities employer
WE DREAM. WE DO.