As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The OpenText Senior Storage Administrator will assist with general maintenance and upkeep of our global storage environment. Included in this; deploying storage changes, working with vendors, maintaining storage infrastructure, ensuring performance specifications are met and other duties as directed. This person will participate in an on-call rotation to handle production impacting issues. The OpenText Senior Storage Administrator will report to the Senior Manager of Storage focusing on commercial business.
You are great at:
Supporting the Operations Organization by employing systematic efforts that translate operational storage needs into configuration specifications which provide a robust, stable and maintainable Production Storage Processing environment, meeting or exceeding all Business Requirements.
- Participate in strategic projects
- Provide oversight of the global storage footprint
- Provide storage forecasts based on usage and trending
- Keep up to date with storage manufacturers product offerings
- Provide Level3 expertise for break\fix issues
- Ensure accurate and non-impactful changes are implemented in the production environment by working with technical services storage resources
- B.S. in computer science / information systems or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Primarily HDS and EMC storage technologies, some familiarity with NetApp, HP 3Par Storage Array installation, configuration and administration would be considered an asset
- Storage allocation, upgrades and optimization standards
- Storage Performance Tuning
- Proactive monitoring and tools implementation
- Cisco MDS and Brocade SAN switch installation, configuration and administration
- SRDF/DR , Storage management tools (ECC, SE, ESRS, SMC/SPA)
- Experience with EMC’s VMAX, VNX, Symmetrix and Celerra platforms, Hitachi (HDS), 3PAR storage, NetApp, Cisco SAN Switches & Symantec Netbackup and DataDomain.
- Familiarity with VMWare is an asset
- A basic understanding of system administration, trouble-shooting and performance tuning of RedHat
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
Our growing team is mapping the future of Information Management, and we continue to make new discoveries that expand its boundaries. Join us and be part of a winning team, where the opportunities for your career are limitless.
From its innovative start as a research project by University of Waterloo professors in 1991, OpenText has grown into a global company with offices in more than 35 countries. Our high- performance culture has forged our growth and is an excellent fit for people looking to push themselves to learn and do more.
It’s our time to lead, and as part of our team, it will be your time too. Our continued growth will provide you the opportunity to explore, learn and chart an exciting career path while enjoying a good work-life balance.
If you thrive in a dynamic work environment, there is always a new horizon to explore. We are proud to offer excellent benefits, challenging work and competitive financial rewards.
Our employee programs prioritize employees’ well-being and that of their families. We offer a comprehensive benefit plan, education assistance, a wellness/fitness reimbursement and time off to volunteer.
With offices around the world and flexible work arrangements, OpenText strives to make sure all our employees feel connected. Teamwork extends to our social lives too from local social events to company-wide activities, we want our employees to take time to relax and have fun.
Corporate Citizenship is more than a program for us, it is engrained in our purpose, impact, and approach to doing business. Through numerous volunteer initiatives, we support education and innovation for global change.
Explore your career and your potential. Become an OpenText Voyager.