Microsoft Cloud Operations and Innovation (CO+I) is the team behind the cloud. We are responsible for delivering over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services.
Within CO+I, the strategic Supply Chain team is responsible for establishing a supply chain that can meet the ever-growing growth of the Cloud and our customers. We support a portfolio of complex, multi-disciplinary, multi-billion, multi-year Data Center construction and lease projects. Furthermore, we support the Operations team that manages and runs the cloud assets. We are looking to fill a critical role of Supply Chain Manager.
Always seek ways to streamline, automate, and simplify processes; includes deployment of tools, using data analytics and working with IT groups to define system requirements.
Implement procurement plans to effectively deliver against project goals on budget.
Implement appropriate negotiation strategies for one or more complex purchasing categories.
Participate in supplier selection and performance management; ensure alignment to Microsoft business goals throughout.
Understand industry contracting norms and Microsoft contracting requirements; participate in negotiation of contracts that meet business goals.
Monitor key elements of supplier performance to contracted requirements; implement corrective action and lessons learned.
Develop and implement plans to effectively deliver goods and services on time and within specification while managing risk.
Internal: Engineering, construction, cost management, finance, safety, legal, risk management and other groups as needed. External: Contractors, consultants, suppliers, and industry groups.
Skills & Qualifications
· Experience in one or more key categories including AE, GC/trades, facility equipment, construction services, or operations services.
· Experience on large-scale construction projects - sourcing, managing, and administering contracts over €100M.
· Can create clarity, generate energy, and deliver success; always be planning for the future.
· Have high integrity – must be ethical and strong value-based individual focused on fairness and maintaining confidentiality.
· Bring high energy – a drive to achieve results in midst of ambiguity and a matrix organization.
· Be a high performer – by effectively multi-tasking and managing priorities; have a “sense of urgency” regarding issue resolution.
· Understand the importance of relationships inside the company and with our supply chain partners.
· Be able to travel up to 25%, regionally - EMEA
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical or financial field (engineering, construction management, quantity surveying or similar); Masters preferred.
· 7+ years’ post-graduate construction/ supply chain/ procurement experience specifically on large, complex capital projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Familiarity with the greater construction industry; datacenter experience a plus.
· Technical ability to write contracts, ability to set up sourcing plans, and negotiation strategies and execute them.
· Excellent communicator that can interact with diverse groups across various organizational levels.
· Familiarity with common process improvement methodologies (Lean, Six-Sigma, etc.) and ability to facilitate change management.
· Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
· Mechanical and/or Electrical acumen
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.