In this role you will support the development of state of the art water heating products. The main focus will be the development of a range of catering water heating products, instantaneous water heating systems and electric showers. A further key aspect is the support of manufacturing, after sales and product approvals.
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Drive development of existing and new water heating products;
- Work with engineering, manufacturing and commercial colleagues to ensure timely project delivery;
- Assist with the development of appropriate test facilities;
- Support continuous improvement activity on the broader water heating range of products;
- Meet and exceed the quality standards as set down by the company, both in terms of design and service;
- Have a good understanding of the commercial aspect of projects, with an ability to estimate costs before projects start, and a sound ability to accurately cost a part;
- Responsible for all aspects of projects, from initial concept through to production;
- Ability to manage a small multi-disciplinary engineering team to ensure timely project delivery.
- Structured project progress reporting and budgeting.
- Third level degree in relevant Engineering discipline (or equivalent) with honours degree at 2.1 minimum grade
- At least 5 years' product design and development experience in a lead/senior role
- Comprehensive knowledge of sheet metal design and fabrication processes, plastics and associated manufacturing method
- Proficient at 3D Computer Aided Design, preferably Creo but others 3D systems will be considered
- Experience and knowledge of EN standards and directives and be able to demonstrate adherence to and application of them
- Experience developing electromechanical and hydraulic based systems.