Management Level Manager
Job Description & Summary At PwC, our Purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. Our Actuarial Services practice is doing exactly that. Our risk and analytical skills along with our predictive insights help our clients to act decisively on the issues that really matter.
We have never been busier! We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic and dedicated people to join our team, help us to deliver our services, and build a rewarding career.
At PwC, your progress is our priority. The work you do will be as varied and interesting as the clients you’ll work with. You can expect to work with the biggest brands in Irish and international business, building strong relationships and getting the chance to work alongside the best. We will match your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities
About the role
PwC is seeking an experienced qualified Actuary to continue the expansion of its Non-Life Actuarial Services practice.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for the following:
- Managing and delivering a wide range of both core actuarial assignments and multi-disciplinary assignments across wider fields
- Acting as your clients’ main point of day-to-day contact on engagements
- Leading and managing teams in order to deliver high quality and timely responses to PwC engagements
- Lead or contribute to the development of new consulting propositions. This will include opportunities to partner with other professionals in the PwC network especially in the areas of Data & Analytics, Banking and Enterprise Risk Management
You will also be asked to take an active role in supporting the strategic management and running of the practice. This will involve identifying our clients’ needs and assessing the future direction of the Insurance and Banking sector in Ireland. You will contribute to the development and distribution of information or training programmes that enhance the understanding of key issues and you will build solutions to address those client needs.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and dedicated professional to join our team. We’re looking for the following experience and skills:
- Post-qualification experience in the non-life insurance or reinsurance market from either a consultancy or industry background
- An ability to build strong client relationships (internal or external) and an ability to communicate our analysis to our clients in plain English
- An ability to develop and mentor junior staff, including technical training and performance management
- Excellent IT/software/programming skills - we’re data obsessed and we base our advice on our data analysis skills. SAS, R, Python, Tableau and Qlik skills are strong selling points.
- Strong technical, problem identification and analytical skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to deliver and within timescales
- Self-motivated, take responsibility for personal development in technical and broader consulting skills
The PwC Actuarial Services practice in Ireland consists of 24 actuaries, 10 qualified and 14 students. We’re part of a global Actuarial Services practice of more than 1,500 actuaries.
We provide support to clients in relation to all aspects of life and non-life insurance including pricing, reserving, capital management, capital optimisation, mergers & acquisitions, insurance analytics, financial modelling and risk management solutions.
We’re working in wider fields. Our current “wider field” focus areas are in Banking, Enterprise Risk Management and Data & Analytics. We provide support to our strategy, consulting, risk and regulatory colleagues on whatever quantitative or analytical problems that they encounter.
Our skills and behaviours
The team works in a friendly, positive and vibrant atmosphere, where people are encouraged and supported to take responsibility at an early stage and proactively develop their career. In return, we offer individuals the opportunity to be highly rewarded personally, in terms of professional development, and financially.
We offer excellent training to our people to strengthen their technical knowledge but equally importantly to broaden their inter-personal and consulting skills (“soft skills”). This is backed up by on-the-job development opportunities and a mentoring structure that helps people to develop their full potential right through to Partnership.
PwC's Purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. Our Code of Conduct is based on this Purpose and a core set of shared values, and sets out a common framework around how we are expected to behave and do the right thing. The trust that our clients, our communities and our people place in PwC, and our high standards of ethical behaviour, are fundamental to everything we do.
Our Code reinforces the importance of conducting business within the framework of professional standards, laws and regulations, together with our own policies, values and standards. It outlines the values and behaviours that define how we do business. It holds us accountable to be open-minded and responsive and to give our best. Find out more about our purpose and values here:
Our people need to demonstrate a defined set of core skills and behaviours. We refer to these as the PwC Professional. They're integral to who we are as a firm and form the basis of our people appraisal process. We will also assess you against them within our recruitment process to benchmark your own skills and behaviours. We recommend you visit the below web page to find out more about our global core competencies and to consider how your own experiences will align against them. This will help you through the recruitment process with us.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified) Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Travel Requirements Not Specified
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? Yes
Government Clearance Required? Yes
Job Posting End Date