As a member of the team, you will:
- Develop and deploy highly available, scalable, and fault-tolerant software that will help drive improvements towards the features, reliability, performance, and efficiency of the Genesys Cloud platform.
- Work with a distributed team.
- Actively review code, mentor, and provide peer feedback.
- Champion large projects and mentor junior members on the team.
- Partner with other teams to transform concepts into requirements and requirements into services and tools.
- Engineer reliable, efficient, and cost-effective solutions to new and evolving requirements.
- Build, deploy, maintain, and automate large global deployments in AWS.
- Troubleshoot production issues and come up with solutions as required.
- You will likely have a BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- You are self-driven and comfortable taking the initiative to work asynchronously with your team.
- You can breakdown complex problems to find and implement the simplest solutions.
- You have a product mindset. You are energized by building things that will be heavily used.
- You design not just with a mind for solving a problem, but also with maintainability, testability, monitorability, and automation as top concerns.
- You should be comfortable developing software in Java or a similar modern, multi-paradigm language.
- You have used distributed version control systems, such as Git, and know the difference between Git and GitHub.
- You have a solid understanding of concurrent or multi-threaded programming.
- You have worked with and understand SQL, NoSQL, or Key-Value data storage technologies.
- “Right tool for the right job” over “we always did it this way”
- Jenkins, Packer, and Ansible for immutable machine images and automation
- AWS for cloud infrastructure
- Infrastructure (and everything, really) as code
- Distributed version control with Git and BitBucket
- Automation for everything. CI/CD, testing, scaling, healing, orchestration, etc.
- Kafka for stream processing
- DynamoDB and Redis for storage and query
- SQS for simple queues and scheduling
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the to orchestrate that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via and the .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.