If the answer is yes, this opportunity could be ideal for you! We are currently recruiting for an Engineer Surveyor to join our phenomenal Engineering Inspection Team. You will be given the opportunity to organise your own day as you will have the freedom to craft your own work schedule to meet your customers’ requirements and we will also provide you with a company car.
At Aviva, we provide an independent and impartial inspection service to our customers. This reduces risk and ensures that all machinery and plants are safe and operating to the highest ISO standard.
We provide inspections in areas such as pressure equipment, LPG, lifting equipment, crane, machinery, work equipment and electrical installations.
As a home-based team member, you will establish effective relationships with your colleagues and a group of assigned customers. You will be inspecting your customers’ plants and equipment to ensure compliance, improve safety and increase performance. You will utilise our ‘digital first’ initiative in producing your reports on site at the time of the inspection, which will in turn be available to our customers instantly on their My Engineering Services online portal.
On appointment, we will craft an extensive training programme specifically around you. This will take full account of your current skillset and enable you to map out a path to become a fully proficient Engineer Surveyor and build long-lasting connections with your customers.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- An in-depth knowledge of equipment defects, failure modes, damage and deterioration mechanisms is required
- Comfortable working at heights and within enclosed spaces
- A full clean driving license and recognized academic qualification together with a level of practical experience in a related Engineering field
- Steam experience
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities.
Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Lacey Lane Mckoy call on: 0207 255 0884 or ping an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org