Black Shamrock is seeking an experienced Game Designer to work on an exciting new RPG Project, and mentor a creative team here in our Dublin studio.
The ideal candidate is an expert game designer with the ability to create various forms of content or systems design. They can take responsibility for realizing our design philosophies in the form of epic, engaging content.
The candidate needs proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills and a long-standing passion for games.
What you will be doing
- Taking Responsibility for large features, systems, and content while working as part of the Design Team
- Defining game systems and the skills and player usage within them to shape the experiences of the player in Game
- Participating in the development of prototypes and their success to provide a firm basis for the production
- Defining Design Team targets in collaboration with the producer
- Providing mentoring and feedback to the junior designers and advising on their career development
- Collaborating with the other department leads to ensure positive communication and problem solving between disciplines
- Ensuring good communications to and from the Juniors up to Lead and Director level
- Coordinating and providing feedback on high level plans and schedules
- Collaborating across Departments to ensure fluid and transparent communications to all relevant parts of the production
- Games Industry Experience: Minimum of 5 years' experience in game design, including senior or lead design experience on at least 1 shipped product
- Game Engine Knowledge: understanding scripting tools and videogame to orchestrate events, and implementing 3D work into the pipeline (with Unity and/or Unreal ideally)
- Team Manager: you have worked either in a team lead role or mentoring junior designers to help them develop in their careers
- System/Content Design: you will be able to use design experience, you have creatively owned complete implementations from concept to delivery
- Communication Capability: you need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to coordinate and adapt
- Full-time in-house position
- Training Opportunities
- Healthcare and Taxsaver Programmes
- Free Refreshments in the Office
- Regular team and studio events