Social Justice and Ecology Secretariat (SJES),
Society of Jesus,
Curia Generalizia SJ, Borgo Santo Spirito 4, **Apply on the website**
PROMOTION OF A CONSISTENT CULTURE OF PROTECTION (PCCP) PROJECT
The Jesuit Social Justice and Ecology Secretariat (SJES) wishes to
recruit an Assistant Project Coordinator for its International Culture
of Protection Project which is spearheading the promotion of a
consistent culture of safeguarding and protection for children/minors
and vulnerable adults in the **Apply on the website**+ countries where
the Jesuits work.
DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE OF ASSISTANT PROTECT COORDINATOR
The Promotion of a Consistent Culture of Protection (PCCP) Project is
midway through a 3-year phase of mapping and assessing the current
situation of safeguarding and protection within the Society of Jesus
and promoting prevention and formation.
The person will work closely with the Jesuit Project Coordinator in
mapping protocols and guidelines existing around the world for the
creation of safe environments. He/she will also map and track current
formation programmes. The role involves responsibility for the
collection and interpreting such data and to assess existing protocols
of safeguarding and protection for children/minors and vulnerable
adults. The person will be tasked with identifying gaps in existing
programmes and making recommendations for the achievement of standards
of best practice. The person reports directly to the Jesuit Project
Coordinator, and will liaise with Jesuit works internationally.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Project Coordinator in creating a more accurate vision
protocols for dealings with allegations; and training and formation
programmes in the provinces, regions, and ministries of the Society.
- Collaborate with Jesuit institutions and works in developing
and protection prevention and formation activities.
- Accompany and support a network of designated safeguarding and
and protection within the Society.
- Design and coordinate monitoring and evaluating activities to map
Safeguarding and Protection in provinces, regions, and ministries.
- Develop resources and materials to promote prevention and
- Customise and adapt good practice guidelines for culturally
- Identify and share recommendations with leaders for developing a
culture of protection.
- Present and facilitate updates and training with various
- Promote a victim/survivor centered approach through active
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Experience of working in a similar International and/or Church
- Awareness of the issues of abuse, safeguarding, protection, and
- A third-level qualification, in a relevant social science subject.
- Knowledge and experience of qualitative and quantitative research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in the clear presentation of complex data.
- Experience of designing and developing resources and training
- Written and verbal English fluency essential; French and Spanish
- Position: Full-time.
- Contract: two-year fixed term (to be reviewed after **Apply on the
- Salary: Negotiable.
- Location: Operating base is Dublin, Ireland but flexible/remote
- Travel: Some International travel is a requirement of the role.
- Apply with a cover letter and curriculum vitae detailing your
- Applications to be submitted by email to the Project Coordinator
- Shortlisted candidates only will be invited to interview.
- The Society of Jesus is committed to safeguarding children and
will be expected to commit to and adhere to our safeguarding policies
and procedures. The recruitment process will involve reference checks
and police clearance where feasible.
- Closing date for receipt of applications is **Apply on the
We need : English (Good)