ByrneLooby is an international consulting engineering practice. We work with our clients to deliver value solutions for challenging projects across Europe, North Africa and the Middle East. We realise that our clients need much more than engineering designs - they need functional solutions which deliver value. We are passionate about engineering and always strive to optimise solutions for clients.
We have worked with contractors and construction professionals for many years and we understand the importance of delivering solutions which are buildable, simplify construction and consider all construction stages. Our solutions consider construction costs, construction sequence and programme. Our team of engineers are aware of the importance of being reliable and responsive when working with the construction team to deliver a project.
Our team has a wealth of experience and they provide reliable advice. Our team has the ability to diagnose complex situations and provide remediation or alternative solutions. We also have many years’ experience carrying out complex numerical analyses and doing back analysis and investigation work. Our team can provide expert advice and support on challenging projects from inception to completion and decommissioning.
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer within a growing team you will be provided with the unique opportunity to work alongside leading experts in the field of Geotechnical Engineering. We believe in collaboration and sharing experience and knowledge to ensure continued learning and development.
We offer opportunities to work on a variety of projects including pile designs, retaining walls design, deep excavations, deep basements, propping, earthworks, site investigations, marine structures and other assets. As part of the project team you will contribute to overall project delivery and will find this position highly rewarding.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in geotechnical engineering with proven technical knowledge of geotechnics and relevant software
- Detailed knowledge of eurocodes and current engineering codes of practice
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and excellent planning and organisation skills
- Ability to work independently
- A degree (minimum 2.1) or Masters in civil or geotechnical engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ geotechnical design experience
- Chartered engineer or approaching chartered engineer status
This role attracts the following benefits package:
- Strong basic salary
- Attractive pension benefits
- Death in service cover
- Accident and illness cover
- Professional membership funding
- Training & Educational assistance
- Competitive Annual Leave
- Flexible working arrangements