We are seeking to recruit a Manager for the Grant Thornton Financial Services Advisory, Actuarial and Data Analytics team. This team is part of Grant Thornton’s Actuarial Centre of Excellence, which provides support to clients internationally.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and motivated person to join our team in the growing area of financial services, with a focus on actuarial and data analytics.
The role is to significantly contribute to the successful delivery of a wide variety of assignments while providing specific expertise in technical provisions and solvency capital calculations as required. The successful candidate will be the technical lead for certain projects or sub-projects, which will include dealing with client issues and providing internal updates. The role will provide an excellent prospect to build a long term and sustainable career.
There will be opportunities to work in international engagements with clients and colleagues in other jurisdictions and in other financial services areas such as banking, asset management, aviation finance and InsurTech.
This will be a challenging and fulfilling role, where you will also be involved in a wide variety of actuarial engagements related to reserving, Solvency II, IFRS17, pricing, reinsurance, capital / risk management, data analytics and actuarial modelling for Grant Thornton’s clients.
- Technical lead for reserving, technical provisions and solvency capital calculations as well as Solvency II balance sheet and Own Funds.
- Support the team in identifying opportunities where data analytics can enhance our client’s actuarial practices and contribute to the development of such projects.
- Assist in the successful delivery of a wide variety of engagements, including the development of client relationships in order to enhance our reputation and brand.
- Contribute to the development of the company’s market proposition through the skills and knowledge they bring and those they will develop in the future.
- Ensure opportunities are well understood by the Firm and contribute to the creation of superior proposals demonstrating an understanding of the market, client needs and the Firm’s offering.
- Provide on-going training and support to the team, particularly from a technical perspective. This will include planning, managing and allocating work to junior members of the team.
- Networking internally to identify potential collaboration and cross-selling opportunities.
- Ensure adherence to Firm policies and standards as well as the relevant actuarial technical and professional standards, including risk management, escalating key risk issues appropriately.
- Nearly / newly qualified actuary with significant experience in the non-life insurance industry.
- Experience in reserving, technical provisions and the calculation of Solvency II capital requirements in non-life insurance.
- Capable of working autonomously or as part of a team.
- Strong problem solving, decision making, planning and organisational skills.
- Flexible, proactive and collaborative attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Acting professionally, ethically and with integrity.
- Expert level knowledge of MS Excel, Access and Word.
- Consultancy experience including managing projects and client relationships.
- IFRS17 experience.
- People management experience.
- Awareness of current topics in insurance and challenges facing the insurance industry.
- Interest in developing data analytics skills.
- Knowledge of SAS, R and / or Python as well as version control software.