In the UK, AXA XL has both a UK regulated insurance company (CICL UK) and a Lloyd’s operations, the
combination of being able to issue Lloyd’s and CICL UK paper in the UK as well as XLICSE paper in the EU ensures that AXA XL is well positioned to work with clients and brokers to offer solutions for business that could otherwise potentially be disrupted by any loss of passporting rights as a result of the UK leaving the European Union.
DISCOVER your opportunity
The role will involve supporting in the management and delivery of all requirements of the Actuarial Function for XLICSE Ireland.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Provide support in fulfilling the requirements of the Head of Actuarial Function as set out under CBI guidance and Solvency II regulations by providing oversight and insight on key actuarial matters including regulatory compliance, Reserving and Technical Provisions, Business Forecasting, Underwriting Opinion and Reinsurance Adequacy.
- Support the analysis, recommendations (including implementation thereof) and production of:
- The Actuarial Opinion & Report on Technical Provisions;
- The annual Actuarial Function Report;
- The Underwriting Opinion;
- The Reinsurance Opinion;
- You may also become involved in special projects intended to contribute to the development of the Actuarial Financial Reporting team as a whole which could involve development of processes or exhibits or focused investigations regarding new methodologies or assumptions potentially impacting the reserving analysis of all lines.
SHARE your talent
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
The role requires a qualified Actuary, with meaningful post-qualification experience within the non-life insurance industry.
It is likely that you will have had exposure to at least some of the aspects of the Head of Actuarial Function requirements, including Reserving, Capital and Reinsurance.
You will possess a track record which demonstrates the ability to ensure timely delivery, sometimes under pressure
Planning & Organisation:
- An ability to manage multiple conflicting tasks and outputs.
- Able to plan long term deliverables and ensure tasks are planned and completed accordingly, and that any delays or complications are communicated early and resolved appropriately.
- Able to translate actuarial output into business value, ensuring various customers, including legal entity boards, are able to understand the practical implications of our analyses.
- Ability to invent, design and build solutions.
AXA XL, the P&C and specialty risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don’t just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it.
How? By combining a strong and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights, leading technology, and the best talent in an agile and inclusive workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all our lines of business − property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty.
With an innovative and flexible approach to risk solutions, we partner with those who move the world forward.
At AXA XL we are happy to talk flexible working. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and consider flexible ways of working for every role. Talk to us about how we can make flexibility work for you.
Learn more at axaxl.com
Diversity & Inclusion
At AXA XL, we know that an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce enable business growth and are critical to our success. That’s why we have made a strategic commitment to attract, develop, advance and retain the most diverse workforce possible, while creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full selves to work and can reach their highest potential. It’s about helping one another — and our business — to move forward and succeed.
- Five Business Resource Groups focused on gender, LGBTQ+, race/ethnicity, disability and inclusion with 20 Chapters around the globe
- Robust support for Flexible Working Arrangements
- Enhanced family friendly leave benefits
- Named to the Diversity Best Practices Index
- Signatory to the UK Women in Finance Charter