Amazon's network is a key differentiator for Amazon Cloud Computing and Web Services (AWS), enabling the global operation of thousands of applications across hundreds of thousands of servers worldwide. The AWS Networking team develops and operates the network platform for all of Amazon including e-commerce products and cloud computing solutions. This platform is industry-leading for its efficiency, performance, reliability and scale and it is critical to the success of all AWS customers.
AWS Networking is looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our Data Center Network Engineering Platform team. The successful candidate will own the development and delivery of software systems that support the continuous release of our commodity hardware and software at massive scale in both physical and virtual environments, working within and across teams. This will include leveraging existing systems, development of new ones, and coordination/orchestration of these systems. They will develop metrics and benchmarking systems to deeply understand the performance, availability, and safety of new platform releases and develop and deliver innovative solutions that drive ever greater experiences for our customers.
Our engineers, managers and leaders are innovators and builders at heart; come join us and become integral to the technology company that is the past, present and future of Cloud Computing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years professional experience in software development
· Knowledge of major protocols, topology design, network hardware and device configuration.
· A solid understanding of performance and efficiency issues.
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems i.e. Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
· Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python
· Experience developing complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
· Experiencing mentoring junior software development engineers and driving engineering excellence
· Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Familiarity with distributed systems, asynchronous messaging, and network protocols
· Strong customer orientation.