Job Locations Dublin, Ireland
Requisition ID 2020-5093 Experience Level Recent Graduate/Student Job Categories Quantitative Research
SIG’s Quantitative Research Internship offers you the opportunity to see the impact of your research directly while working right on one of our trading floors. With our team of quants, traders, and developers, you’ll explore applications of probability, statistics, stochastic optimisation, and numerical analysis to real-world problems in the financial markets.
During the 10-week summer internship at our European headquarters in Dublin, you will gain exposure to real projects in proprietary trading as you collaborate with a Quantitative Research mentor. Our quant team consists of PhD-level researchers who are dedicated to the data-driven development and improvement of our trading models at SIG. You will also participate in an educational program that offers insight into the world of finance. Included in the program are lectures on the industry and small group sessions with our tenured researchers, focusing on the mathematical puzzles we work on solving every day.
What we're looking for
- Students in pursuit of a doctoral degree in quantitative fields such as Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Solid communication skills, both in the ability to understand others and to make yourself clearly understood
- Strong, practical computing skills; a specific language proficiency is less important than your ability to get computers to accomplish tasks efficiently and reliably
- Experience working on in-depth research projects
- Students in their penultimate year of their PhD should apply.*
*Should you expect to complete your PhD by October 2022, you are eligable to apply to the programme in 2021.
For more information, please contact Emma Quinn at email@example.com
Susquehanna International Group