Vacancy Type: Current Vacancy
Duties: Currently there are opportunities for fully qualified Electronic Technicians within the Irish Naval Service. As a Radio Radar Technician (RRT) within the Irish Naval Service you will essentially be trained to manage, maintain and crew the ship as well as keeping it operational. A Leading Radio Radar Technician (L/RRT) will be trained to perform the roles and responsibilities of a Non Commissioned Officer (NCO) and technician at sea, where selected candidates will be responsible for the Installation, Operation, Maintenance and Repair of all Navigation and Communications equipment on board.
Through this path you will become an NCO RRT within the Irish Naval Service. If you are looking for an exciting, challenging and rewarding career, if you fit the criteria and enjoy being part of a team click on the link below and begin your application. Current vacancies, terms and conditions and a link to the application page can be found through the following website: https://www.military.ie/en/careers/current-competitions/
Target Discipline: Electronic Engineering
Level: Level 7
Additional Info: MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS A candidate for enlistment as a Radio Radar Technician (RRT) must have completed one of the following:
- B. Eng in Electronic Engineering HETAC Level 7. B. Eng in Marine Electrotechnology HETAC Level 7.
- B. Eng Ordinary Degree in Electronic Engineering - Military Communication Systems (Carlow).
- National equivalent of any of the above (this will be subject to review and approval by the Naval Service).
Method application: Applications must be made on the official electronic application form available at: https://www.candidatemanager.net/cm/p/pJobs.aspx?mid=YDUU&sid=EVAZAZ
- Please note: Interview dates will be organised on an individual basis as necessary following application.
- All applicants will be notified by email.
- Please see Terms and Conditions for details: https://www.military.ie/en/careers/current-competitions/2020-ns-electrical-artificers-tncs.pdf
Institute of Technology Carlow