What you will be doing:
The Senior Cloud Engineer will work as a part of a global team delivering Cloud and DevOps automation to deploy and maintain systems and solutions running on public cloud. You will work closely with Production Operations team to build and support continuous integration, continuous delivery, deployment and maintenance tooling. Other key responsibilities include:
- Deliver scale and security in Cloud models with extensive use of DevOps functionalities.
- As a part of a team, implement best-in-class SaaS/PaaS delivery in the most secured, cost optimized and highly operational manner
- Drive infrastructure setup to follow industry standards and embrace opportunities offered by emerging technologies
- Propose enhancements and accelerators by focusing on innovation and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Become an avid proponent of DevOps best practice for both cloud and on-premise implementations.
- Work closely with Security team to develop security automation and security monitoring to ensure highly secure operations.
- Work closely with other Development and Operations teams to understand complex product requirements and translate them into automated solutions.
- Research and study new technologies and services on Cloud and DevOps and share best practices.
- Document and present DevOps practices to internal team and wider teams to promote DevOps.
- Participate in and undertake ad-hoc related projects and duties from time to time
What you will bring:
Our ideal candidate will be innovative, proactive and a self-starter. You must be able to think strategically about the business, product, and technical challenges. Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills are a must! Other core qualifications include:
- A bachelor’s degree degree or equivalent; Computer Science background preferred
- 4-7 years of working with enterprise cloud software projects
- Proven experience with agile SDLC methodologies and software continuous integration.
- Experience in cloud architecture
- Strong knowledge of public cloud offerings (preferably AWS) on network, security, compute, storage and continuous integration
- Strong knowledge of Cloud security and application management ecosystems, including areas of security automation, security monitoring and alert, application monitoring and alert
- Technical knowledge (in order of importance): Python, Bash, CV REST API, AWS, Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, and Packer
Why join our Limerick team?
- We are centrally located next to the University of Limerick Campus in a brand-new office in Plassey Business Park, ideally positioned 5 minutes from the M7 motorway.
- You will be working in an office with energetic, like minded individuals, experts in the Fin Tech Industry.
- The positions Axiom is recruiting for are new roles, giving you the opportunity to shape your role and your future company.
- We recognise the importance of flexible working hours, an excellent work life balance, employee well-being, and the opportunity to progress and advance!
- Annual Leave: 25 days per year
- Free annual gym membership at the world class Arena gym and swimming pool in University of Limerick (5 minutes walk from the office)
- Full Healthcare Insurance for self and family
- Full dental coverage for self
- Free parking
- Life Insurance: 4 times your salary