Glass, Lewis & Co., the leading independent provider of global governance and engagement support services is recruiting an Engineering Manager for their software development team in Limerick, Ireland.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing teams in an agile development environment. As Engineering Manager, you will empower and energise your teams, focusing on competence development, providing functional-area leadership, and maintaining team integrity.
We are a highly professional self-organising team of software professionals working in a truly agile environment. Our culture is built on being open to new ideas and feedback, and we believe in building great software, technical excellence and having fun.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Advocate for the team and promote their successes, help them learn from their failures, and share key learnings throughout the organisation.
- Instil accountability, autonomy and empowerment within your teams and manage the appropriate boundaries to achieve the result of having self-directed work teams.
- Foster a culture of cooperation, mentoring and continuous improvement in your teams.
- Ensure the teams have everything they need to deliver on their commitments.
- Set clear goals for your team and monitor progress.
- Regularly review team performance, collaborate with them on improvement initiatives/experiments.
- Review the performance of individual team members and provide effective coaching for improvement.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team members, arrange training and skills development for team members.
- Stay abreast of the tools and technologies that the team are using so you can provide help and advice on technical difficulties that arise.
- Work with the other Engineering Managers and Scrum Masters to implement and maintain measurements across teams to monitor and sustain performance and product quality.
- Drive the recruitment process for new team members.
- Ensure effective product support mechanisms and rosters are in place.
We require a degree in computer science, or equivalent, and you should also have a minimum of 10 years software delivery experience in an enterprise environment. At least 3 years of this should have been spent in a managerial position.
- Experience in a managerial role for at least three years for a software development team in an agile environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, continuous improvement, empowerment, and transparency.
- Deep knowledge of agile medhodologies – Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with agile development concepts and techniques – automated testing, user stories, TDD, continuous integration, continuous delivery, pairing, etc.
- Experience in working in a DevOps environment.
- Some form of agile certification (Scrum Master, Product Owner) a distinct advantage
- A previous background in Software Engineering
- Knowledge of .Net and Microsoft technologies
- Experience with Azure DevOps/TFS
- Employer pension contribution*
- Private health insurance*
- Life insurance*
- Long term illness cover*
- Company sponsored on-site yoga
- Company support with agile certification fees
- Supported study leave