Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the role:
The Network Pricing Consultant is a key member of a recently formed team that is designing and developing industry leading applications, data visualizations and operational analytics to support OptumRx’s Industry Relations organization. This role will leverage Optum’s data repository to synthesize complex information and present it in a fashion so that the Industry Relations team can optimize business performance. This role will also work closely with and contribute to Optum Rx Ireland’s analytics and data visualization teams.
You must be self-directed and creative as you will deal with some very interesting and complex issues. As a key resource to others you must maintain a high degree of accuracy along with attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to always meet deadlines.
- Work as part of an Agile development team to build rebate modeling applications (full stack including supporting data structures), dashboards and analytics/reporting to improve business performance
- Collaborate with internal customers & stakeholders to effectively design, implement, operationalize and document requirements that accurately capture the business process. These include business partners, SMEs, BAs and Testers to ensure a shared understanding of business requirements.
- Manage implementation of application enhancements (data layer to app layer) and releases
- Develop and maintain documentation that chronicles processes related to previous analytic activities and associated results
- Degree Qualified (BA/BS) in relevant field (Computer Science, Analytics, Engineering) or equivalent experience
- Strong SQL or other relational database solution experience in a commercial setting, including database structures design experience with various database vendors (e.g. Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2)
- Strong experience with analytical scripting languages/tools, such as (but not limited to) Python and R
- Strong experience with predominant Data Visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI)
- Advanced use of excel for reporting including macros/VBA
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, influence, collaboration and listening skills
- Experience of Agile web-based software development
- Commercial experience with analytical workflow tools, such as Alteryx &/or KNIME
- Knowledge of DevOps tools and practices
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy,
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.