There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM’s global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
An SAP Developer is responsible for designing and developing technical solutions for SAP implementation & upgrade projects at GM. Transforms functional requirements into technical specifications, code, unit test, debug, troubleshoot standard and custom SAP programs.
- Work with leading technologies from SAP and the latest integration and support packages.
- Technical solution delivery for global process teams focusing on the SAP developments.
- Solution delivery for global process teams including Supply Chain, Logistics, Finance, and Aftersales
- Ability to work on large scale global implementations as well as smaller, faster innovative challenges.
- On-going training and development in SAP and the latest delivery techniques.
- Responsibilities for technical design specifications for any development objects and alignment of that
- Responsible to develop a framework for non-functional requirements to optimize the solution for
- Specific responsibilities will include design, development, testing and implementation of development
- Suggest ways to automate routine functions, improve efficiencies and/or cost-savings
- Troubleshoot issues in the production environment, working collaboratively with Functional Analysts,
- Create document for all the processes for future reference.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology, Business Computing or related field
- SAP ABAP or any other SAP certification
- Extensive experience in SAP project life cycle deployments, ASAP, & SDLC Methodology.
- Over 5 years of experience in ABAP development activities associated with SAP, preferably in ECC 6.0 and S4 HANA (optional).
- Implementation/hands on experience on special skills in SAP ECC, and SLT
- Proven experience with SAP upgrades / conversion / migration, installation and validation of SAP enhancement and support packages
- Hands on experience on Open text VIM ABAP programming & ICC.
- SAP ABAP experience on Object oriented programming (OOPS), ALE/IDOCs & Extensively using User exits, batch inputs, BADIs & Enhancements (Implicit & Explicit). Ability to program for Custom and standard BAPIs.
- Experience working on Work flow and Webdynpro.
- Ability to perform performance tuning for existing complex programs & Reports.
- Demonstrated experience developing Inbound and outbound Interfaces with SAP ECC 6.0
- SAP ABAP experience on conversions for high volume data.
- Functional knowledge on multiple of these SAP Modules and underlying tables: Materials Management (MM), Sales and Distribution (SD), Logistics & Production Planning (PP), Financial Accounting and Controlling (FI/CO)
- Proven self-starter with strong teaming and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to tasks and priorities across multiple projects.
- Experience in SAP ECC, EWM,
- Experience in SAP S/4 HANA implementation
- Good knowledge on using SAP HANA Database, Calculation and CDS Views.
- Experience in Loftware, Open Text & data archiving technologies
- Hands on Experience on SAP FIORI.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.