If your answer is ‘yes’, we ask you to push aside these dated and inaccurate perceptions about security officers and learn what is truly involved in this critically important profession today.
They’re vigilant, responsive, dedicated.
They require a complex understanding of human behaviour and why people do what they do.
They are customer driven; are proactive and want to exceed expectations.
They enjoy working in a diverse team; building relationships and excel at communicating.
Here’s what we offer you.
· A challenging, flexible and interesting role
· A sense of security and belonging
· High quality training and coaching from talented people
· A long list of great brands to work with
· A fun team culture
· Ambitious growth plans and great progression opportunities
And that’s not all
· Industry Leading Wage Package
· Comprehensive Sick Pay Scheme
· Real Opportunities for Advancement
· Maternity top up payment and flexible working hours
· Excellent Working Environment as accredited by Excellence Through People & Great Places to Work 2018
About the role
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Perform a variety of routine and non-routine duties associated with access control, CCTV monitoring, door alarm event monitoring, accounting for and dispatching of active officers using established policies, standards, guidelines and software.
· Monitor secondary access points and ensure adherence to relevant policies and procedures.
· Monitor CCTV system to identify potential security threats/weaknesses and dispatch officers as necessary.
· Monitor access control system.
· Maintain contact with the team and control room.
· Monitor and enforce security policies and procedures.
· Accurately record relevant information for inclusion in weekly/monthly reports.
· Write reports as directed.
· Report all unusual circumstances and situations and respond as necessary.
· Perform various security or safety related activities when directed by management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability. Including a courteous and professional telephone manner, with accuracy in relaying information.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain high level of concentration and focus.
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Professional appearance and demeanour.
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to work independently while also being a team player.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to follow instructions, directives and prescribed procedures.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technology as required.
· Deal positively with rapid change
· Strong computer skills. Must be proficient and familiar in the use of the Microsoft products. Knowledge of CCure 9000, Genetec, iTrack an advantage.
· General knowledge of electronic access control systems, CCTV and alarms systems.
· The highest adherence to ethics.
· PSA Licence