Abrivia are currently recruiting for an experienced Compliance Officer to join our client, a Global Insurance Company, for a brand-new position in their Dublin Office. This is a stand-alone position in Dublin, and it will report into both the Country Manager and the European Head of Compliance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all local compliance while also working closely with various divisions in relation to new products and offerings. This role will offer the right individual the opportunity to own the local compliance function and play an extremely important role in the growth of the business.
- Work with management and staff to ensure the business division adheres to and maintains compliant practices in accordance with internal and external requirements.
- Help identify, manage, and mitigate regulatory risks.
- Provide advice and guidance on compliance issues.
- Research, monitor and help establish best practices for emerging regulatory developments.
- Assist in the design, development and delivery of a risk-based compliance monitoring plan proportionate with the risk appetite of the respective legal entities and the jurisdictions they operate in
- Assist in the design, development and maintenance of compliance policies, processes, and procedures to ensure they support the division in meeting their regulatory responsibilities
- Manage compliance tasks associated with existing programs and new business proposals.
- Assist with the production of management information, reports and regulatory updates for Board and Committee approval
- Assist with internal audit issues, consumer complaint responses, and suspected breaches.
- To represent compliance in internal forums such as Operational Working Groups
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a compliance position in the insurance market.
- Excellent attention to detail and collaborative nature.
- Ability to deal competently with pressure and priorities workloads.
- Ability to render succinct and timely advice on a broad range of common compliance matters, such as Insurance Distribution, Data Privacy and Outsourcing, Financial Crime and Conduct Risk.
- Working knowledge of Central Bank of Ireland and other EU insurance regulations and requirements, and how these are applied in practice.