You have the opportunity to join a small team focused on the firm's cloud Data Architecture. You are a passionate visionary and technologist with a focus on Data Architectures, cloud solutions and implementations. In your role, you will be given great latitude to flex your skillset while benefiting from the support of our many AWS Certified team members. As a data engineer, your efforts will advance the firm's capabilities to deliver the strategy for cost and performance optimized solution architectures as relates to data lakes, analytics, and machine learning, ensuring our technology solutions safeguard the security, privacy, and integrity of our firm.
You will collaborate with our Data Science, Engineering and Product teams to anticipate future challenges and to provide hands on support to ensure their projects are brought to completion in accordance to industry wide best practices. Please note this is a Hands-On position whereby you will be responsible for solution architecture, implementation, IaC, and support.
- Implement solutions using Infrastructure as Code to ensure repeatable, consistent, and deterministic outcomes. Develop fully automated solutions using AWS Cloud Native Services that enable performance and cost optimized solutions.
- Developing / Debugging ETLs using Python & PySpark as well as developing Redshift queries.
- Partner with development and build release teams on data initiatives.
- Rapidly developing prototype data pipelines to validate solutions.
- POC code and developing it into a production ready solution with a focus on code quality, testing, security, performance and operational excellence.
- Embrace DevOps practices / CALMS principles.
- Contribute to the evolution of the overall Analytics architectural strategy, including Reference Architectures and Reference Implementations to grow the platform.
- Contribute to the adoption of the firm's Data Platform and work with stakeholders to enable them to self-serve in their consumption of the platform
- Partner with Data Scientist, Analysts, Architects, and Engineers to build Solution Architectures that leverage the Data Platform in an optimized, low barrier to entry manner.
- Identify and implement processes, tools, and methods that support the target strategy, address data lifecycle, cover data movement, data security, data privacy, and metadata management.
- Effectively communicate new recommendations and solutions to peers, with an emphasis on knowledge sharing. Communicate architectural information to non-technical audiences.
- Adapt existing design patterns and reference architectures.
- Solution Architecture experience, including 2+ years Data Architecture.
- Hands-on experience with several of the following AWS services (Athena, Glue ETL/Catalog, Redshift, DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, CLI, EC2).
- AWS experience in CodePipeline and/or CloudFormation.
- Strong DevOps mindset and experience in promoting code from staging to production environments through automation.
- 3+ years Software Development experience, including Python (including Spark) experience.
- Experience building & operating data lakes and data warehouse solutions preferably on AWS.
- Development plan in place for all employees to achieve professional goals
- Training opportunities including certifications
- High paying salary
- Health insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexibility inluding remote working
Email me, firstname.lastname@example.org