Job Locations Dublin, Ireland
Requisition ID 2020-5133 Experience Level Experienced Job Categories Technology - Software Engineering
Technology at SIG is at the forefront of our operation. Requiring leading edge and innovative use of technology, SIG is a leading force in applying technology to trading. At SIG our technologists enjoy working on highly complex in-house software running on the latest platforms available, solving a myriad of challenges to further our growth. With a flat structure and a collaborative environment, our people continue to grow and learn throughout their careers as ever shifting market demands change the nature of our environment.
Our Software engineers are employed in building, maintaining and supporting real time, trading systems that are fundamental to our success and competitiveness in the current trading environment. In an Agile team you will be involved in the architecture, design and development of custom applications in the front office trading environment. Principally you will bring strong software engineering skills to the role, along with an interest in developing real-time trading systems. You will work closely with traders and quants to code, backtest and deploy complex mathematical trading strategies. The role will be in the area of algorithmic trading strategies – involving systems with low latency requirements and the ability to deal with large quantities of data and as such involves a focus on extreme systems efficiency.
- Analysis, design and development of trading applications, taking projects through the entire software development cycle from requirements gathering to product release
- Maintaining and tuning existing applications to meet performance criteria as business expands
- Analysing large complex data sets using a mixture of c# and python to reporting key findings
- Working with traders and quants to research new trading opportunities
- Statistical and graphical analysis of trading information
- Backtesting trading strategies using large volumes of data and interpreting the results
- Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Ability to absorb mathematical algorithms and develop high-performance implementations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with traders, quantitative analysts, and other software developers
- Experience or interest in areas such as capital markets, probability, game theory and gambling is a plus
- Experience or interest in statistics is a plus
- Experience of grid and/or cloud computing a plus
- Experience in any OO language, C#, C++ or Java
- Experience of Python is a plus
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
Susquehanna International Group