Black Shamrock is seeking a Lead Game Designer to join our team in Dublin and work on an epic new RPG being developed here. We want someone who is eager to be involved in structuring the Design Team and to contribute their passion and experience to develop our Game Designers.
The ideal candidate is an experienced game designer with the capacity to create various forms of content and systems. They can take responsibility for realizing and improving on our design philosophies in the form of epic, engaging content.
The candidate needs proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, an exceptional talent for managing people and a long-standing passion for games.
What you will be doing
- Supporting the definition of game systems and the skills and player usage within them to shape the experiences of the player in Game
- Participating in the development of prototypes and their success to provide a firm basis for the production
- Preparing and structuring the Design Team documents and pipe-line
- Estimating and Prioritizing the Design team targets and task lists in conjunction with the Production Team
- Identifying the skill and training needs of the team and conducting reviews to guide and advise the Design Team as a whole
- Analysing resource needs in collaboration with the requests or requirements of the other Departments
- Owning the decision-making process for the Design Team choices
- Standardizing and coordinating the Design team communications and processes
- Coordinating and providing feedback on high level plans and schedules
- Taking Responsibility for large features, systems, and content while working as part of the Design Team
- Games Industry Experience: Minimum of 5 years' experience in PC or Console game design, including senior or lead design experience on at least 1 shipped product
- Game Engine Knowledge: understanding scripting tools and videogame to orchestrate events, and implementing 3D work into the pipeline (with Unity and/or Unreal)
- People Manager: you are familiar with providing performance reviews and in selecting team members to ensure the success of your team in the long-term
- System/Content Design: you will be able to use your design experience to instruct and assist your team in creating content from concept to delivery
- Communication Capability: you need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to coordinate and adapt
- Full-time in-house position
- Training Opportunities
- Healthcare and Taxsaver Programmes
- Free Refreshments in the Office
- Regular team and studio events