Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the WWTP Engineer is responsible for compliant operation of the WWTP. The WWTP Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of running the plant including leading a team of WWTP operators, developing the team and optimising plant performance.
- Lead the WWTP team in the area to achieve goals & targets.
- Responsible for the operation of the Wastewater Treatment Plant to ensure continued compliance to the site's EPA license.
- Responsible for the operation of the WWTP testing Laboratory including sampling, testing, reporting and maintaining Laboratory quality standards.
- Lead investigations into WWTP issues to achieve solutions.
- Work closely with the maintenance engineer and team to ensure all equipment compliance with operation equipment and instrumentation
- Ensure all changes to plant are controlled in accordance with procedures.
- Organize and execute shutdown programs where required
- Identify and implement projects in the areas of efficiency improvement, cost reduction, safety etc. using Lean Six Sigma tools
- Provision of Annual Environmental Reporting information to EHS, for inclusion in the annual report to the Environmental Protection agency.
- Lead and co-ordinate Risk Mitigation initiatives such as FMEA and Risk Assessments.
- Ensure that process information is documented and that this document is updated as necessary to reflect increased process knowledge and understanding.
- Identify technical training to improve technical competence and innovation within the WWTP team.
- Minimum L7, preferable L8 qualification in Environmental | EHS |or equivalent.
- Electrical \ Mechanical apprentice qualified highly desirable
- Experience working within a biological WWTP, preferably in a lead role.
- Extensive relevant experience, within the Chemical Process Industry GMP.
- Experience working in a Seveso site, knowledge of ATEX
- Leadership & Influencing Skills.
- A Demonstrated Commitment to Safety.
- Knowledge of SCADA control systems
- Ability to lead a team and work effectively within a team environment.
- Self-motivated with Strong organisational, time management & planning ability.
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.