Commissions team are key connecting point between Finance, Sales Operations, Global incentives, and Field sales teams. They are professionals with advanced analytical skills, solid understanding of how sales representatives get compensated, have an eye for the details and are experienced communicators. This team has WW responsibilities for managing the Commissions plans and resulting earnings that get submitted to Payroll. They also administer the deployment of Sales Commissions Plans to the Sales field as well as consult the System administration team on the implementation of Compensation plans.
The Commissions Analyst will own end-to-end commissions process for dedicated APAC Sales Regions closely partnering with APAC Sales Operations & Sales Finance leaders to ensure financial acumen, accuracy and consistency in the payment calculation and execution of the Commission Plan. The right individual for this role is a numbers-driven financial professional with passion toward operational excellence, technical mindset, great attention to detail, advanced business partnering and presentation skills and proven ability to work with large data set in a fast-paced environment.
Job Role and Responsibility:
- Partner with regional Sales operations / Finance leaders to ensure correct compensation of assigned sales representatives
- Drive administration and implementation of financial and process controls to improve sales compensation process effectiveness
- End-to-end owner of monthly Commissions payroll process for designated region including analyzing the data, identifying potential issues, reviewing reps’ achievement with Sales Ops counterparts and executing corrective actions if needed
- Manage special cases payments, analyze impact and propose resolution in accordance with VMWare policy and best practices
- Provide ad-hoc reporting support to business partners
- Coordinate compensation administration activities for the regions
- Communicate with sales representatives, address inquiries and help resolve Commissions-related issues
- Continuous evaluation of processes and work towards their improvement
- Participate in integration of compensation processes related to mergers and acquisitions
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or equivalent related work experience
- 3+ years previous work experience in Finance, Compensation, and/or sales administration
- Excellent English (verbal and written) communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required (VBA knowledge is a plus)
- Great attention to detail and focus on producing a high-quality product
- Strong problem solving, organization, and process management skills
- Experience in researching, understanding, and clearly explaining complex transactions and business impact
- Strong initiative and desire to work in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Socially responsible company – extensive community service program, variety of green initiatives, diversity and inclusion priorities
- Work-life balance – paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.