Abrivia are now recruiting for the position of Financial Accountant with a Reinsurance company based in Dublin City Centre. Our client is a globally operating Reinsurance company and are looking for somebody to come on board as a key member within their Finance team.
Successful candidates will report directly into the Financial Controller and assist him in a wide variety of duties.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly accounts on a transaction basis and reporting same to the senior management team.
- Reconciliation of accounts to the general ledger system, ensure third party backup is available to support all balances and entries.
- Adhere to all internal controls over the financial reporting process.
- Prepare and maintain complete and accurate documentation files on all processes and procedures associated with the role.
- Meet all local and group financial reporting requirements for each transaction within required deadlines.
- Facilitate and assist with provision of information to internal and external audit teams in order to facilitate appropriate audit of transactions
- Relevant Accounting Qualification.
- Insurance/Reinsurance accounting experience required.
- Proficient in MS Office with Advanced knowledge of Excel and spreadsheet functions.
- Good time-management with proven capability to deal with tight reporting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well on own initiative while maintaining high standards.
- Hard-working individual with a desire to constantly improve both individual and departmental performance.