As an engineer on this team you will work closely with our service teams, gaining an in-depth knowledge of our offerings at Genesys. You will focus on areas including but not limited to automation, maintenance, security and compliance to enable our service teams to quickly deliver resilient, high quality services on a top-notch platform. You will have opportunities to contribute to open source tools and frameworks used by internal service teams.
What you will do:
- Responsible for day to day operations and general engineering efforts for scalability, availability, security and capacity planning while maintaining compliance guardrails.
- Ensure a high degree of availability across all of our service offerings.
- Be proficient in one or more cloud providers, including AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Drive efficiencies in systems and processes: capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring and root cause analysis.
- Collaborate with Incident Management team and perform Cross-functional RCA's that span multiple functional teams.
- Work with development teams to design scalable, robust systems using cloud native architecture principals.
- Assess application availability for applications capturing SLOs/SLIS and Error Budget.
- Understand and comply with PCI, HIPAA security and privacy laws.
- Adhere to Genesys Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Participate in on-call rotations.
- Contribute to tooling, automation, and system engineering efforts, freeing yourself and others from day-to-day toil.
You are a software engineer with a passion for automation and a 'production first' mindset. You have demonstrable experience developing and managing a multi-tenant SaaS. You are well versed in a large number of technologies and are always willing to learn new tools and techniques. You work in conjunction with fellow developers and teammates to help define and implement the best possible solution. You are always looking for patterns and ways to increase efficiency, eliminate downtime, optimize costs, and maintain performance at scale. You can manage the entire lifecycle of projects, including gathering requirements, communicating design decisions, and proactively seeking and incorporating user feedback.
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Have grit, drive and a deep feeling of ownership.
- Are biased for action.
- Have the ability to wear multiple hats.
- Enjoy working with a large variety of services and technologies.
- Like looking through metrics and logs as if it were a treasure hunt.
- Have a good understanding of Linux fundamentals and internals: filesystem/memory management, threads and processes, the user/kernel-space divide, etc.
- Have a good understanding of large-scale distributed systems, including multi-tier architectures, application security and monitoring.
- Have a working knowledge of the TCP/IP, HTTP DNS, Load Balancing strategies.
- Have experience with scale testing, disaster recovery and capacity planning.
- Have experience with deploying, supporting and monitoring new and existing services, platform and application stacks.
- Work independently while using impeccable judgment.
- Great oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with common frameworks and libraries such as Flask, Requests, Boto3, Spring, Ember, and/or React.
- Experience of cloud technologies/ platforms and networking concept, with hands on experience with AWS being a big plus.
- Experience developing / managing / working with CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience monitoring application/ service performance using tools such as New Relic and Sumo Logic.
- Experience with REST-style web services / APIs.
- Ability to rapidly learn new software, frameworks, open source tools and development languages.
- Detail oriented and systematic.
- Production experience with tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Spinnaker, and Jenkins a plus.
- Experience with AWS S3, Lambda, Serverless framework, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, IAM, and VPCs a plus.
- Familiarity with AWS ML offerings a plus.
- Familiarity with build frameworks like Maven, Gradle, npm, pip.etc.
Every year, Genesys® delivers more than 70 billion remarkable customer experiences for organizations in over 100 countries. Through the power of the cloud and AI, our technology connects every customer moment across marketing, sales, and service on any channel, while also improving employee experiences. Genesys pioneered Experience as a ServiceSM so organizations of any size can provide true personalization at scale, interact with empathy, and foster customer trust and loyalty. This is enabled by Genesys CloudTM, an all-in-one solution, and the world's leading public cloud contact center platform, designed for rapid innovation, scalability, and flexibility. Visit www.genesys.com
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.