Huawei Ireland Research Centre is starting a new research team that will focus on research and developing AI algorithms for solving such complex research challenges leveraging the recent advancements in AI. This position is expecting to have a strong AI background with deep AI algorithmic knowledge such as anomaly detection, reinforcement learning, supervised and un-supervised learning algorithms. For researching and developing scalable AI algorithms, the team will have an access to large real datasets collected from Huawei devices across Europe and will have access to Big Data processing infrastructure as needed (e.g., GPUs, Spark Clusters).
The Ireland-based research team will work closely with the Huawei Consumer Business Group (CBG) in the Headquarters, CBG covers smartphones, PC and tablets, wearables, mobile broadband device, family device and device cloud service, and is the second largest smartphone manufacturer in the world. Huawei Consumer BG is dedicated to delivering the latest technologies to consumers and sharing the happiness of technological advances with more people around the world. Walk the walk and make dreams come true.
- Responsible to build the NLP related model capability to solve the service requirement and issue.
- Responsible for conducting scientific comparative analysis of operation data and find the proper AI techniques to apply to it.
- Responsible for encapsulating the AI modules into workable research proof-of-concepts.
- Responsible for handling huge amount of data and hence, buildings scalable machine learning models.
- Responsible for technology transfer of the developed AI models and working closely with Huawei business units.
- PhD in a relevant field is preferred (NLP, Computer Science ……) and 2-5 years of experience applying advanced AI techniques to real-world problems.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques is must.
- Experience with Deep Learning (NNs, Recurrent NNs, Convolutional NNs, Encoder-Decoder with Attentions, Bayesian Deep Learning) with text or multivariate time-series data.
- Experience working with Deep Learning Programming frameworks such as Keras, PyTorch, TensorFlow
- Proficient in Supervised Learning, Un-Supervised Learning, and Semi-Supervised Learning algorithms.
- Experience with Model-based Reinforcement Learning, MDPs and optimization is a good plus.
- Publication track records in machine learning and computer science conferences and journals, including, but not limited to, ICML, NIPS, AISTATS, UAI, AAA.
- Experience in Cloud or Data Centres optimizations using AI is a great plus.
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO MAY LIVE AND WORK IN IRELAND WITHOUT RESTRICTION CAN BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF REPLIES, ONLY CANDIDATES WHO ARE SHORTLISTED FOR INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.