This position is responsible to develop, maintain and support the organizations infrastructure, hardware, hosting services and network areas.
Under general supervision this position:
- Is responsible for the administration and day-to-day operation of organization's networks (e.g., LAN, WAN, wireless and VoIP).
- Manages medium to high complex network and server environments (may include virtualization and containerization).
- Participate in the establishment and maintenance of policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, security controls and disaster recovery.
- Participate in the development of IT Strategies in collaboration with the leadership team.
- Monitors and manages network and server performance and prepares statistics reports for management.
- Implements and enforces network security controls and disaster recovery procedures.
- Participates in the evaluation, selection, development, and integration of new network systems and applications.
- Maintains network component inventory and related documentations of technical specifications.
- Orders and installs (with approval) new server hardware and other network devices.
- Performs upgrades, monitors, troubleshoots and fixes network hardware and software problems of medium to high complexity.
- Monitor and maintain Public Cloud infrastructure resources using Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS. Daily monitoring of Azure DevOps tool working with GIT repository, creating and managing Build/Release pipelines, deployment of Agent Server and troubleshooting of building errors.
- Conducts feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement and development efforts.
- Participate in the assessment and development of long-term strategic goals for production databases in conjunction with data owners and department managers.
- Identify and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- May provide level 1 incident management and deskside support if required.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience.
- Experience working within a production IT environment managing enterprise IT infrastructure, hardware, hosting service and network areas.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to architectural needs.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the Windows concepts, Domains, Active Directory and its concepts, and the interaction between hardware, operating systems, network, data center, and application software, Linux and Unix is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Hypervisors and their implementation and also familiarity with containerization, application modernization, and DevOps tooling is a plus
- Deep understanding of Network concepts, their implementation, monitoring, and management..
- An understanding of storage architecture, design, and implementation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Cloud Platform Office 365 (Exchange online, Teams, AzureAD, SharePoint)
- Experience/knowledge of Public Cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS.
- Knowledge of Cisco / Ubiquiti network and voice gears and technologies.
- Knowledge of managing a data center in terms of systems monitoring, capacity planning and performance tuning.
- SQL Server management including Database Backup/Restore, instance installation and configuration
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting hardware.
- Understanding of CI/CD (Preferably using Azure DevOps Services)
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Grafana, ELK, and New Relic. Design and implementation of these types of tools a plus.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, evolving environment. The incumbent should be able to prioritize tasks in this context while actively keeping up with new technology, suggesting improvements to operations as appropriate.